How To Change Google Play Store Country On Android Device: We all must admit that everyone now holds an Android smartphone. We use our Android smartphone to perform various things online which includes playing games, watching movies, capturing videos & photos and of course for making calls.
The reason why the Android operating system was loved by many is that the platform provides lots of apps to users. Android is an open source operating system and it’s based on Linux.
If we talk about Android platform, we can’t ignore Google Play Store. Google Play Store is the place where Android users download & install their favorite apps and Games.
However, several time users face some country related problems in Google Play Store. Sometimes Google Play Store refuses to let you buy things because you have recently moved internationally. Each country has a different Google Play Store region.
For example, Apps & Games in the US Google Play Store are not the same in UK, France, Germany and so on. So, now the question arises, how to change the Google Play Store region?
How To Change Google Play Store Country On Android Device
Well, to change Google Play country on Android we are going to share three different methods that you can make use of to change Google Play Store country.
Method 1: Clearing Google Play Store Data
If you have recently landed in your New country, then you need to force stop and clear the data of your Google Play Store App. This will update your new country.
1) Open settings on your Android smartphone and on the Settings screen, you need to select “Applications”
2) Inside Applications, you need to tap on “Application Manager” and then you will see the list of all downloaded app, there you need to find and tap on “Google Play Store”
3) Now you need to tap on “Clear Data” and then tap on “Force Stop”
4) Now, open Google Play Store on your Android device and then Accept Google Play Terms and Condition by tapping on the “Accept” button.
The above method will automatically change play store country on your Android device.
Method 2: Using VPN
Using a VPN service to change the default country is now a widespread technique. Do you know, you can also use VPN services to change Google Play Store country? Here’s how to do it.
1) Open Google Play Store and install Opera VPN app on your Android smartphone.
2) Open the Opera VPN app and then select the country that you want to change your Google Play Store to.
3) After connecting, open settings on your Android smartphone and then select “Applications”
4) Inside Applications, you need to tap on “Application Manager” and there you will see the list of all apps that are installed on your device. There you need to find and tap on “Google Play Store”
5) Now tap on “Clear Data” and then tap on “Force Stop”
6) Open Google Play Store and accept the terms and condition. This will automatically change google play store country to the country you have selected in Opera VPN.
Method 3: Updating Address In Google Payments
This method works if you have already added your Credit card on Google Wallet or if you want to add some other form of payment method on Google Play Store.
The main purpose of this step is to first update your address in Google’s Payment Center which will allow you to change google account country while trying to make a purchase.
This method needs the computer to work. Well, you can perform the steps from your Android device also, but, it will be little complicated.
1) First from your computer open https://payments.google.com/ and you will see the screen like below. Login to your Google account.
2) There you need to select the option “Add a way to pay for Google Play”
3) Now you will see three options “Add credit or debit card”, “Add Netbanking”, “Redeem”.
4) You need to select the option “Add Netbanking”. There you need to add the method and update your new address and click on Submit.
Now you need to change the Google Play Store Country
After updating your new address in Payment Center, you need to change Google Play Store Country.
1) Open settings on your Android smartphone and then select “Applications”
2) Inside Applications, you need to tap on “Application Manager” and there you will see the list of all apps that are installed on your device. There you need to find and tap on “Google Play Store”
3) Now tap on “Clear Data” and then tap on “Force Stop”.
Now open Google Play store on your Android device and log in with your Google account. Accept the terms and conditions and your Google Play Store country should be changed.
This is how you can change Google Play Store country on your Android smartphone. Hope this article helped you share it as much as possible.