OBS Studio or Open Broadcaster Software is basically known for being a computer screen recording tool. It is generally used by most of the YouTubers to make their videos.
Moreover, it’s also used widely by the videogamers as well, since it offers multiple possibilities. Apart from recording, OBS Studio also features functions for live or streaming broadcasting as well.
OBS studio offers a very sophisticated recording and retransmission suite that makes it one of the best programs in this sector. Hence, due to this sophistication, its use can be a bit complicated.
Hence, for these reasons, we have prepared this guide. As here, we will show you what OBS Studio is and how to configure OBS Studio to capture specific parts of the Window.
What is OBS Studio?
OBS Studio is a free multiplatform and open-source video recording tool. Using OBS Studio, we can easily record directly from our webcam and microphone.
Moreover, we can also incorporate game scenes, add still images to videos, obs capture part of window, and much more. This tool also allows us to work with multiple sources, mix between them and create a perfect broadcast.
OBS Studio can be used to comfortably share our gaming, art or entertainment activities on the video platforms like Twitch.tv, YouTube, Hitbox.tv, DailyMotion, and much more. Moreover, we can also use custom streaming servers for free.
Apart from all these things, OBS Studio comes with many internal features as well. Now many of you might be thinking, what those features allow us to do? All these features enable us to produce professional videos.
The study mode will allow us to see the preview and adjust our scenes and sources before making them available to the public. During the use of OBS Studio, we can choose and set any hotkey combo to start/stop recordings, switch between scenes, etc.
General features of OBS Studio
Basically, OBS Studio is a free and high-performance open-source software, that is available on GitHub. We will receive support for several streaming platforms. These include Twitch, YouTube Gaming, and Hitbox, among others.
We will also have support for broadcast profiles of multiple users. With this application, we will be able to switch between different profiles with comfort.
- Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) is written in C and C ++.
- OBS allows us to capture video sources in real-time, scene composition, coding, recording, and retransmissions.
- Data transmission can be done through the Real-Time Messaging Protocol and could be sent to any destination that supports RTMP.
- We can customize the program using the light and dark themes that come with it.
- We can quickly configure the broadcasts and recordings with a simplified configuration panel.
- OBS allows us to record and mix both video and audio in real-time.
- With OBS, we also have support for filters using image masks, chroma/color, color correction, etc., with which we can give a more professional touch to our videos.
- The OBS Studio offers a very intuitive audio mixer.
- This tool, OBS also includes filters by source, gain, noise gate, and noise cancellation, among others.
- OBS Studio also offers a user-friendly UI, so that a beginner in video recording and streaming can easily and quickly handle and run this tool.
Now, apart from all these things, OBS is quite impressive. Yes, those who try it will be delighted with its efficiency, workflow, and extensibility.
OBS Capture Part Of Window – Guide
First of all, let me clarify that to record the computer screen, and make or guide tutorial videos, we generally use OBS Studio. However, the fact is that by default, it records the entire screen. Hence, today, here, we will show you an easy guide on how to record only a specific part of a window.
- First of all, click on the chosen source (Screenshot).
- Then simply press the ALT key.
- Now without releasing the ALT key, simply click on one of the corners of the marked box and move it.
- Now you will see that what we have recorded on the screen is reduced (instead of resizing or moving the frame).
- That’s it now you are done.
However, apart from all these things, simply note that you have to adjust it all by eye only, as far as I know. In short, if you are a pro user and simply finding the shortcut key and solution for this, then simply use “ALT key + drag to crop” that’s it.
How to download OBS Studio
To download and install the OBS Studio on your PC, you must have to visit the official website of the OBS project. However, if you won’t find the site, then type OBS and search it on Google, where you will have to access the first search result, that’s it.
Once you reach the site, you will find some information about the product, as well as data of its origin. Moreover, we can also see that in its beginnings, it was created as a software for videogames that allowed recording and retransmitting the gameplays only.
But the fact is that, currently, its utilities are endless. However, for download and installation, we have to access the download area and then select the platform on which we will work.
Basically, it’s a multiplatform tool, which is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. In addition to being a multiplatform program, as its name indicates, it is entirely free.
Moreover, in case if your computer is a Windows-based PC, then you will get two versions to download.
This is the first version of this software that went on the market. And it is the only version which is available for windows only.
This is the latest version of the tool, and it has much more advanced features and functionalities. This new version offers features like the ability to insert plugins and much more. Moreover, this version is available for all the platforms that we have mentioned earlier.
Now, once we have selected the version that we are interested in, the installer will be downloaded. After that, we have to follow the normal process of installing any application. Just follow all the steps shown on the screen and the OBS Studio will be installed on your PC.
As we told earlier that OBS Studio is basically known for being a computer screen recording tool. And it offers a very sophisticated recording and retransmission suite that makes it one of the best programs in this sector.
Generally, in this post, we tried our best to solve this issue with an easy guide. However, if you think that something essential is missing then let us know in the comment section below.
So, what do you think about this? Simply share all your views and thoughts in the comment section below. And if you liked this post then simply do not forget to share this post with your friends and family.